Tuition Payment Guidelines
There are different tuition rates depending on the grade that the child is enrolled. The rate structure is:
- Elementary (K-5)
- Middle School (6-8)
- High School (9-12)
Tuition Payment Terms and Deadlines
- Tuition payments may be made in US dollar cash, US dollar checks, wire transfer to the School’s US bank, or direct deposit to the School’s domiciliary accounts. Any fees incurred by the School on transfers and checks drawn on non-US banks will be charged to the payer. Payment in Naira is accepted for “private-pay” individuals at a conversion rate equal to the current Bureau de Change rate. The school will establish the conversion rate at the time of payment.
- For returning students (those who have indicated on the Survey of Intent that they are returning), tuition and fee bills are prepared by the Business Office and sent to the designated party responsible no later than the first working day of May, with payment due no later than June 1st.
- For pre-enrolled new students, tuition and fee bills are prepared by the Business Office upon notification by the Admissions Office of the students’ acceptance and sent to the designated party responsible. Payment is due no later than 2 weeks after the billing date.
- All pre-enrolled students are billed for the full year’s tuition on the initial bill.
- For those students whose tuition is paid by their parents’ employer/company, the full payment (100% of the tuition and other relevant fees) is payable by the due date.
- For those students whose tuition is paid by parents (“private-pay”), as indicated on the enrollment form, the tuition may be paid by term: 1/3 of full year tuition in 3 installments for Pre-K through Grade 5; ½ of full year tuition in 2 installments for Middle School and High School. The payment deadline for the 1st term tuition installment (plus full payment of other relevant fees) does not change (as outlined above in paragraph 1 and 2). Subsequent term payments will be due no later than 14 days before the start of the next term. A letter outlining the 2nd and/or 3rd term payment due dates will accompany the initial fee bill. Parents electing this payment option must sign and return a copy of the letter with the 1st term installment. The Business Office will send a notice for the 2nd and/or 3rd term payments one month prior to the start of the next term.
- For any student enrolling after the beginning of the first term, tuition will be billed for all terms in which the student will attend in that school year. All relevant fees and tuition (either in full or for the initial term based on the provision above) will be due immediately and must be paid prior to the student being allowed to attend School.
- Tuition is not pro-rated for partial attendance during a term. Attendance for one day of the term requires full payment for that term. Students starting after the beginning of any term and/or students leaving before the end of the any term will pay the full-term tuition.
- Payment schedules for the US Embassy and Companies paying the Special Assessment fee may differ from those outlined above due to the authorization process and bill-paying cycle for these organizations.
- Any request for a special exception regarding tuition payments should be submitted in writing to the Business Manager and the Superintendent. If the Superintendent recommends for the exception, he/she will bring the recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will consider and vote on the request.
Failure to pay tuition billed by the due date will result in the assessment of a late penalty fee of 10% of the total fee bill. This fee will be assessed retroactively for any returned checks.
Failure to pay fees prior to the beginning of any term will result in the student being denied a place in the school until fees are paid. When a 2nd and/or 3rd term tuition payment is not paid, the previous term report card for the student(s) will not be released until payment is made. The School reserves the right to offer this place to another prospective student one week before the start of the term.
Tuition may be refunded if the student does not attend school during a term or terms in the school year for which tuition has been pre-paid.
If a student attends a minimum of one school day of a term, tuition for that full term is not refundable. The tuition refund is not pro-rated within a term.
Written notification of the withdrawal of a student for whom tuition has been prepaid must be given no later than 2 weeks before the beginning of the term. Failure to provide this notification will result in the forfeiture of the tuition refund for this term.
The parent and/or sponsoring company is responsible for requesting the tuition refund for any student who has withdrawn from the School.
Requests for tuition refund must be made no later than two months after the beginning of the term(s) for which the refund is applicable. Refund requests received after two months will not be considered.
Student tuition payments are non-transferable except to students within the same Organization or Company. Sponsoring employers/companies may assign the unused tuition (available for refund) to other students being sponsored by that company within the same school year. Carry-over of unused tuition to the next school year is not permitted.
Other Student Fess: Applicaiton Fee
This is a non-refundable fee that must accompany the Application for Admission for each prospective new student. This is a non-recurring fee. However, if a former student re-enrolls in the School, a new application is required and the fee will be charged again unless the re-enrollment occurs within the same school year.
This is a non-refundable fee that is charged in the first year that the student is enrolled in the School. Full payment is due with the first tuition payment. This fee is charged per student, not per family. This is a non-recurring fee.
Director of Admissions
American International School of Lagos
FAX: (234-1) 261-7794