Mission, Vision, Principles and Beliefs
The American International School of Lagos is committed to providing an exemplary American educational experience with an international perspective that leads to global opportunities. We celebrate the diversity of our student body in a safe and caring environment.
In a world-class educational environment, the American International School of Lagos inspires students to discover their passion for learning, fulfill their potential, and become responsible global citizens.
Principles and Beliefs
- We prepare students who will be capable of excelling in any future academic setting, either in the US or internationally.
- We believe that education is a collaborative effort among parents, students, staff and other community members.
- In a nurturing environment we challenge all students to achieve their highest potential academically, physically and socially.
- The pursuit of knowledge, understanding and truth is a life-long process.
- We provide an excellent education based on an American curriculum and the International Baccalaureate program of study.
- We attract and retain a highly qualified and motivated staff and will invest in their professional development and growth.
- We promote continuous improvement in all areas of the school through ongoing assessment and evaluation.
- We embrace our diversity by promoting an inclusive environment; one of dignity, respect and tolerance.
- Our community models and promotes honesty, responsibility and integrity.
- We foster inter-cultural understanding through teaching and learning.
- We value programs that embrace appreciation for and participation in the arts, athletic activities and a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle.
Adopted by the Board of Directors March 21, 2011